APP #76 - Dillon! You Son of a Bi***!
In this game we finally got to see some extended playing time for 2nd round draft pick, running back AJ Dillon and he certainly did not disappoint. This was the most complete game the Packers have played this season and might be the most complete game played under Matt Lefleur.
- It's almost hard to believe that Aaron Rodgers would be an afterthought when he threw for 4 touchdowns, but the emergence of rookie running back AJ Dillon should scare the bejesus out of opposing defenses.
- Starting center Corey Linsley came back from a 3-week absence from injury and played outstanding. You know it's going well when your right tackle (Ricky Wagner) left the game due to injury and the offense didn't miss a beat.
- Davante Adams is in cheat code right now - it's hard to find any more superlatives for his level of play. He had 3 touchdowns in this game and now has 17(!) touchdowns on the season. It is very possible that he could not only tie but break Sterling's Sharpe's Packers single-season record of 18 touchdowns from 1994.
- Hell, even ESB got in on the fun catching his first TD of the season.
- Aaron Rodgers did have a head-scratching, Brett Favre like INT in the 2nd half - throwing late across the middle of the field for an easy pick by the Titans secondary.
- Aaron Jones got the nod on the first offensive series and did well, but on the 2nd series AJ Dillon was unleashed and his coming out party began.
- Let's be honest, Dillon probably doesn't play much at all in this game if not for the injury to Jamal Williams. AJ Dillon had 21 carries for 124 yards in his first meaningful snaps of the season. He was a big bruiser as advertised, and he even looked good catching a screen pass later in the game. He also scored his first TD of the season on a 4th and 1 play late in the game.
- This was the best defensive performance of the year for the Packers collectively. The front 7 played great and held the best RB in the league to UNDER 100 yards - that in and of itself was very impressive.
- Rashan Gary played the best game of his young career. Hell, even Preston Smith got in on the action and made some plays.
- Jaire Alexander is an all-pro right now - he may be the best CB in the league.
- Darnell Savage had an INT, a great delayed blitz, and almost had another INT late in the game. He is playing fantastic, and Amos is not far behind.
- The biggest gaffe of the game was the entire defense getting caught on a fake hand-off to Derek Henry that allowed Titan's QB Ryan Tannehill to go 45 yards for a rushing TD.
- SPECIAL TEAMS:
- Mason Crosby had a very odd game - he missed his 4th extra point of the season (although the conditions were pretty poor with snow and wind). He also had a late field goal blocked, which was his first "miss" of the season.
- The rest of special teams was good enough.
- Andy 24-17 PACKERS
- Jeremy 33-24 PACKERS
- Elliot 39-7 PACKERS