ASP 12, salmon advocate, Allison Barrett
Growing up with salmon, fishing for salmon, and transboundary mining issues.
- Early memories & running north through the Inside Passage in the family seine boat.
- Fishing for sockeye salmon off of Noyes Island in SE Alaska.
- Alarmed by the Mt. Polley mine disaster, and implications for the major transboundary, Alaska—B.C. rivers with vital salmon runs.
- Embarking on a documentary film project: "Sisters and Rivers" concerning transboundary mining issues.
- First nation peoples of B.C.— their perspectives on mining issues.
- Stories of their long resistance and struggle with multi-national corporate development in the Sacred Waters area of northern B.C.
- Implications of running a power line up the Stewart-Cassiar Highway, 37, into NW B.C.
- The Red Chris mine in the headwaters of the Stikine River; the KSM mine development in the headwaters of the Unuk River.
- The complexities of transboundary mining issues: perspectives.
- Aliveness, storytelling, and the documentary.
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store