ASP 9, historian, author, Sheila Kelly
Treadwell Gold, An Alaskan Saga of Riches and Ruin.
- Approaching Juneau, Treadwell on Douglas Island.
- The Treadwell Mining complex and Sheila's personal connection to its history.
- The Alaskan Gold Rush; placer mining, hard rock mining, and the Klondike.
- A timeline, beginning with the Tlingits to the decline of Treadwell.
- A description of life in Treadwell during it's heyday.
- The business of a successful mine; labor and management.
- Willy Kelly, machinist; Gus Anderson, hoist operator.
- The 1918 catastrophic flooding and cave in at Treadwell.
- The aftermath; Fire, Taku winds, the Spanish Flu.
- Reflections on both the Titanic and Treadwell; industrial romance and facts of nature.
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store