Achieving Awesome Communication: Dealing With Feelings | Ep. 472
Have you taken it personally when your spouse came home in a foul mood? Have you ever been in a foul mood yourself, but not communicated about it well to your spouse, leaving them to wonder why you were so grumpy? Communication can really fall apart around our attempts to deal with our spouse’s feelings and our own. Today we talk about some of the common breakdowns (it’s not just you!) and ways to handle this more effectively.
We pray this episode is helpful to you and your marriage.
Subscribe to Podcast Email to make sure you never miss an episode and get noteworthy quotes, resources, and more delivered straight to your inbox!
*Music for this podcast is created by Noah Copeland. Check him out here!
- Reading Dr. Kim’s Daily Declarations aloud each day is a great way to grow in believing what God says is true about you! Get a free printable copy here!
- Our Questions To Help Your Spouse Open Up resource is designed to help your marriage become a safer place to open up, and help you and your spouse build a better connection.
- He’s done it again! If you’re curious, here is the Bible reference for Dr. Kim’s favorite verse!
- The Achieving Awesome Communication YouVersion plan walks you some helpful ways to improve the communication in your marriage.
- Subscribe to Dr. Kim’s Daily One Thing email and get a reminder to do 1 thing to grow.
- Become a Marriage Changer and receive some sweet exclusive benefits. Learn more here!
- We recommend these books to help in growing a healthier mindset:
- Are you satisfied with the sex life in your marriage? The Love Making Survey is designed to help you have a safe, genuine conversation about your sex life with your spouse.