Affordable, Sustainable Fashion: Borrowing & Swapping - Aisling, Nuw
Episode 37 is with Aisling Byrne, the founder of Nuw, formally known as The Nu Wardrobe. Nuw is a clothes sharing and swapping app, set up to tackle fast fashion's problems like pollution and workers' rights, which we chat about in full in this interview!
Don't forget to rate, review, share, and if you can, please support this podcast on Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/bookofleaves) or Buy Me a Coffee (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/BOOKOFLEAVES).
More on: http://bookofleavespodcast.com/
- (02:25 ) Aisling introduce's herself and her background.
- (09:20 ) When the idea behind Nuw sparked.
- (15:10 ) How the app works.
- (23:40 ) The difficulty of finding plus-sized clothes when thrifting, and how Nuw is working to overcome it.
- (27:05 ) Plans for bringing menswear on to the app.
- (29:45 ) Crowdfunding.
- (33:50 ) How to upload clothes to the app.
- (39:10 ) Where the line falls by supporting slow fashion and not causing a loss of jobs by boycotting certain companies.
- (47:20 ) Closing thoughts.
- Suas educational development volunteer programme.
- New Frontiers programme (run by enterprise Ireland).
- Dublin Simon Community.
- Love Your Clothes.
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/bookofleaves.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.