After the Lights Go Out by Lili Wilkinson
Join our hosts Gabi & Luke in the third episode of Chat YA Up! where we read young adult books and then review them for you!
For more information, follow us on Instagram & Facebook and don't forget to check out Library at Home!
Our third episode is After the Lights Go Out by Lili Wilkinson
What happens when the lights go off after what might truly be an end-of-the-world event? How do you stay alive? Who do you trust? How much do you have to sacrifice?
Seventeen-year-old Pru Palmer lives with her twin sisters, Grace and Blythe, and their father, Rick, on the outskirts of an isolated mining community. The Palmers are doomsday preppers. They have a bunker filled with non-perishable food and a year's worth of water.
One day while Rick is at the mine, the power goes out. At the Palmers' house, and in the town. All communication is cut. No one knows why.
It doesn't take long for everything to unravel. In town, supplies run out and people get desperate. The sisters decide to keep their bunker a secret. The world is different; the rules are different. Survival is everything, and family comes first.
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (25-11-2020)
- Lenny's Book of Everything by Karen Foxlee (9-12-2020)
- After the Lights Go Out by Lili Wilkinson (23-12-2020)
- Sabriel by Garth Nix (6-1-2021)
- Small Spaces by Sarah Epstein (20-1-2021)
- Aurora Rising by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman (3-2-2021)
- Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas (17-2-2021)
- What I Like About Me by Jenna Guillame - This episode will include an interview with the author. (3-3-2021)
- Gap Year in Ghost Town by Michael Pryor (17-3-2021)
- Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman (31-3-2021)
- A Good Girl's Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson (14-4-2021)
- Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas (28-4-2021)