Agenda Item 01 - Being the Only One | #TheGovernorsPodcast
For today's Single Item Agenda (episode), we discuss;
- What It Really Means To Be "The Only One In The Room"
- How To Embrace Standing Out and Take Responsibility
- Recognising The Makeup Of The Governing Body/Board and Knowing What Makes You 'The Only One' (ie. new vs. experienced governors, age, specialisms, race, gender, etc.)
- Ways To Navigate The Space As A New Governor
- Dealing With 'Cliques' (pre-established social groups)
We appreciate you listening to this episode. Please rate, review and subscribe to our podcast.
CONNECT WITH US
To contact us via email (comments, queries or to share your stories):
To follow us on social media:
Instagram - @thegovernorspodcast
Facebook - @thegovernorspodcast
Twitter - @thegovernorspod
To help us find you:
Use the hashtags #TheGovernorsPodcast and #SingleItemAgenda
--> School Governor, Professional Clerk and Qualified Corporate Governance Practitioner
Olivia D Hinds
--> Chair of a Teaching and Learning Committee, Safeguarding Link Governor and Diversity and Inclusion Link Governor
The Governors' Podcast is a brand of Education Governance Solutions Limited
The current release schedule is Wednesdays @ 7am during term time (approx. 2-3 per month).
The Governors' Podcast defines its 'Seasons' by UK academic years (September to July) and the episodes are called ‘Agenda Items’.
Artwork by Onevma Limited
Produced by Onevma Productions
Theme Music by Hertz Beats, UK Producer