Agenda Item 19.1 - To Chair or Not To Chair? (PART 1) | #TheGovernorsPodcast
For today's Single Item Agenda (episode), we discuss;
- Considering The Mobility (of lack thereof) of Chairs, ie. Assumed and or Automatic Re-elections
- How The Chair and Vice Chair Duo Can Be Developed For Succession Planning
- The Characteristics and Personalities of Chairs - Is There A Specific / Desirable Profile?
- Chairs Lead The Board (Strategic Body) but They Are Not The Whole Governance Structure
- The Weight of the Role and Responsibilities and Planning Your Route To The Seat
*Please note that this is Part 1 of 2 around the topic of Chairs and Vice Chairs.
We appreciate you listening to this episode. Please rate, review and subscribe to our podcast.
CONNECT WITH US
To contact us via email (comments, queries or to share your stories):
To follow us on social media:
Instagram - @thegovernorspodcast
Facebook - @thegovernorspodcast
Twitter - @thegovernorspod
To help us find you:
Use the hashtags #TheGovernorsPodcast and #SingleItemAgenda
--> School Governor, Professional Clerk and Qualified Corporate Governance Practitioner
Olivia D Hinds
--> Chair of a Teaching and Learning Committee, and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Link Governor
The Governors' Podcast is a brand of Education Governance Solutions Limited
The current release schedule is Wednesdays @ 7am during term time (approx. 2-3 per month).
The Governors' Podcast defines its 'Seasons' by UK academic years (September to July) and the episodes are called ‘Agenda Items’.
Artwork by Onevma Limited
Produced by Onevma Productions
Theme Music by Hertz Beats, UK Producer