Agenda Item 25 - Being Passionate and Becoming Proficient with Jo Phillips | #TheGovernorsPodcast
For today's Single Item Agenda (episode) we invite our FIRST special guest, and discuss;
- Different Places and Resources To Become More Informed About Governance in Education, ie. The Hoot - https://thehoot.news/
- Education Governance Needs To Go Beyond The Sector and Recognising the CPD Opportunities - What Is The Profile Of Governance In Wider Society? How Much Is Truly Understood and How Do We Continue To Change / Evolve To Meet The Needs Of The Current Climate?
- The Humanity Side In Governance : A Call for Marcus Rashford; Establishing and Leveraging Relational Capital - Making Connections and Using The Voices and Stories Of The People To Galvanise Support
- How Volunteering In Other Areas (ie. Parkrun) Builds Transferable Skills and The Significance Of Choosing Our Language Carefully - Investing Time, Adding Value And Making A Difference - Are We Really “Giving Up Our Time?”
- Highlighting and Uplifting Headteachers and Senior Leadership Teams - How School Leaders Can Best Work With Governing Boards and What The Strategic Level / Body Can Do To Better Share Responsibility (ie. Marketing, Recruitment, Understanding, Retention)
A massive thank you to our special guest: Jo Phillips - Marketing Manager at GovernorHub and The Key for School Governors
We appreciate you listening to this episode. Please rate, review and subscribe to our podcast.
GovernorHub - https://governorhub.com/
The Key for School Governors - https://schoolgovernors.thekeysupport.com/
‘Wellbeing webinar with Vic Goddard’ - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWsv8ZL5ziw
Interested in diversifying your boards and governing bodies, specifically in terms of age, visit Education Governance Solutions - Transforming Students: https://educationgovernancesolutions.com/transforming-students/
CONNECT WITH US
To contact us via email (comments, queries or to share your stories):
To follow us on social media:
Instagram - @thegovernorspodcast
Facebook - @thegovernorspodcast
Twitter - @thegovernorspod
To help us find you:
Use the hashtags #TheGovernorsPodcast and #SingleItemAgenda
--> School Governor, Professional Clerk and Qualified Corporate Governance Practitioner
Olivia D Hinds
--> Chair of a Teaching and Learning Committee, and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Link Governor
The Governor's Podcast launched in February 2021
The Governors' Podcast is a brand of Education Governance Solutions Limited (sponsored by GovernorHub and The Key for School Governors)
The current release schedule is Wednesdays @ 7am during term time (approx. 1-2 per month).
The Governors' Podcast defines its 'Seasons' by UK academic years (September to July) and the episodes are called ‘Agenda Items’.
Artwork by Onevma Limited
Produced by Onevma Productions
Theme Music by Hertz Beats, UK Producer