All Things Reading! Nostalgia, How We Manage To Read So Much, + More.
In this episode we dive into our personal reading histories and talk about our reading lives. We share stories about how we became readers, our favorite childhood books - Sweet Valley High, Babysitters Club, R.L. Stein, etc. Although we have different reading routines, ways we organize books, and views on putting a book down (to DNF or not to DNF, that is the question!) - we can agree that vacation reading is the best reading. We share our favorite recent books, our process for vetting the books for our monthly book club, and the books we think are overrated. If you ever have trouble finding new books, or picking something to read we list our top ways to find new reads.
- Grace & Becca on The SSR podcast discussing Sweet Valley High Book #1
- Alison Roman’s Tiny Salty Chocolate Cookies (From her cookbook Nothing Fancy)
- Corgi Pods silicone air pods case
- The Idea of You by Robinne Lee
- Verity by Colleen Hoover
- You are Not Alone by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen
- Tell Me Lies by Carola Lovering
- The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
- A Sky Painted Gold by Laura Wood
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
- Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Matchmaking for Beginners by Maddie Dawson
- Fleishman is in Trouble by Taffy Brodesser-Akner
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- Feels like Falling by Kristy Woodson Harvey
- All Adults Here by Emma Straub
- The Twin By Natasha Preston
- He Started It by Samantha Downing
- Sweetbitter by Stephanie Danler
- Stray by Stephanie Danler
- The Heir Affair by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan
- The Lions of Fifth Avenue by Fiona Davis
- Friends and Strangers by J. Courtney Sullivan
- The Betrothed by Kiera Cass
- Would Like to Meet by Rachel Winters
- This is Big by Marisa Meltzer (out in april)
- The Glass Hotel by Emily St. John Mandel
March Book Club Book:
- Night: Go to discovernight.com and get 20% off with code BOP20 at checkout.
- Before March 15: free shipping of your order of $100 at beautycounter.com with code BOP - restrictions apply
- Between March 15th and 31st new customers can get 10% of their first purchase with Code BOP - restrictions apply
- Book of the Month: Go to bookofthemonth.com and sign up using code BOP10 and get any book for $10!
Join our FB group for amazing book recs & more!