All or Nothing Thinking: The Sneaky Way You're Sabotaging Yourself and How To Overcome It Instead
"Why am I ALWAYS such an idiot?"
"Oh, my friends NEVER want to do what I want"
"You literally do this ALL THE TIME!"
If you are like most people, this is what your internal monologue sounds like or you've exchanged or received some of these remarks during a heated conversation
These common and seemingly normal phrases are particularly dangerous for your mental health and in this episode you'll discover:
- How subtle shifts in language can manifest in powerful changes in our identities and daily actions
- How all or nothing language shows up in our relationships
- A practical nugget of wisdom you can apply immediately after listening to help you combat your inner critic
- The relationship between word choice and our unconscious mind
- The neuroscience behind why we tend to choose extreme words to describe various situations
- Why pattern interruptions are the key to creating change
Connect with me:
If you are aware of your tendency to engage in all or nothing thinking, and you still have trouble breaking free from those destructive thought patterns, the good news is you are human. You're not alone and this is the work I love doing as a coach.
Imagine how good it'll feel when you're so in control of your own thoughts and emotions that it doesn't even bother you when your partner doesn't do the dishes, or when your family member criticizes your life decisions and when no challenge is too great for you to wrap your head around
That's the power of coaching, and that's what I'm obsessed with helping clients achieve: RESULTS
Contact me today to schedule a consultation and take the next step towards healing your past and living your best life
Loved this episode? Leave us a review and rating here