Alternative Options for Pursuing Your Family Law Case During COVID-19
- Lewis Landerholm, Founding Attorney of Landerholm Family Law, discusses the various options available to those who would like to pursue their family law case in spite of court delays due to Covid-19.
- It’s projected that there's going to be a large wave of cases coming through in the next few months when everybody does decide to file, so getting your place in line and starting the process now is important.
- While the courts are trying to navigate the pandemic with the State’s mandates and restrictions, they are eager to get things moving and provide alternative options so that people can move their cases forward.
- There are outside and remote options available to those who want to move forward with their family law case but may not be able to get a court hearing. The courts are going to be putting pressure on attorneys and parties to use these outside options, such as utilizing reference judges, judicial settlement conferences, mediation, and remote hearings.
- Other industry professionals and services, such as therapists, arbitrators, supervised visitation, appraisers, house-movers, mediators, financial and tax planners, etc. are available at remote capacities. We have referral sources that we are happy to connect you with if needed.
- Coming up with creative options, being as agreeable as possible, and clients being willing to communicate with their opposing party to agree on alternative options, are going to be key in moving cases moving forward so that clients can get what they want without bogging down the system.
- In the event of an emergency and immediate court intervention, a client can still obtain a restraining order, and in extreme circumstances, an immediate danger order. If there is threat of a child being removed from their regular routine, status quo orders can still be entered in place.
- The sudden and forced shift to go remote has helped to shake the old school mentality of “this is the way it has to go”. The courts, attorneys, and other professionals in the family law industry are rewriting how it has to go now, and there will be positive changes that will come out of this in the long run.
- When you decide that it’s the right time to move forward with your family law case, we can help you. We're prepared to help you embrace all of these new, alternative tools that we have and try to solve the problem as efficiently and appropriately as we can. You can contact our office at (503) 227-0200.
Opciones para Continuar Con su Caso de Derecho de Familia Durante la COVID-19
- Lewis Landerholm, abogado fundador de Landerholm Family Law, analiza las diversas opciones disponibles para aquellos que deseen continuar con su caso de derecho de familia a pesar de las demoras del tribunal debido la Covid-19.
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store