America, Compromised: Lawrence Lessig on Corruption in America
Mike talks with Lawrence Lessig, the Roy L. Furman Professor of Law and Leadership at Harvard Law School. Professor Lessig co-founded Creative Commons in 2001 and is the author of numerous books, including Republic, Lost: Version 2.0 which he and Mike talked about on the podcast a few years ago (here’s a link to that interview). In this episode, they discuss about his recent book America, Compromised.
Topics covered include:
- why the Mafia isn’t corrupt, but Congress is
- raising the cost of corrupting Congress
- giving American citizens Democracy Vouchers
- why we should pay members of Congress a lot more
- good people in the bad institution of Congress
- corruption in the financial industry
- why no financial institution heads were prosecuted in the aftermath of the 2008 financial crisis
- corruption in political media
- and lots more!