Amy Griffin on Stepping Back Into Her Career
For Amy Griffin, being one of the most successful venture capitalists actually has a lot in common with being a college athlete. Amy played volleyball at the University of Virginia, and now as the founder and managing partner of G9 Ventures, she helps early-stage startups perform their best in a different kind of arena. And some of the companies she’s coached include Goop, Athletic Greens, and Bumble. This week, we ask Amy about the secret to her coaching magic. Which, spoiler, is all about relationships.
In this episode, Amy shares:
- How her mentality as a college athlete stayed with her throughout her career
- Her experience stepping out of, and stepping back into, the workforce
- How she supports founders through the good times – and the bad
- Her approach to relationship-building
- How founders can prepare for an uncertain economic environment