An Indictment of Donald Trump
On Thursday, March 30, a New York grand jury voted to indict former President Donald Trump over hush money payments to Stormy Daniels. While the charges remain secret, Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg will likely argue that Trump falsified business records and that the hush money payments amounted to an illegal contribution to his presidential campaign. The alleged indictment raises important questions about efforts to interfere with the 2016 presidential election and the rule of law.
To unpack the developments, we have Karen Friedman Agnifilo. Karen has seen these types of cases up close as the former Manhattan Chief Assistant District Attorney. While there, she helped oversee the office’s 500 lawyers, 700 staff, and nearly 80,000 cases each year.
- Karen F. Agnifilo (@KFAlegal)
- Just Security’s Chronology in Trump-Cohen Hush Money Investigation
- Just Security’s Survey of Past New York Felony Prosecutions for Falsifying Business Records
- Just security’s Survey of Past Criminal Prosecutions for Covert Payments to Benefit a Political Campaign
- Music: “The Parade” by “Hey Pluto!” from Uppbeat: https://uppbeat.io/t/hey-pluto/the-parade (License code: 36B6ODD7Y6ODZ3BX)