Andrew Tong | People, Passion & Purpose.
Richard Costello connects with Andrew Tong.
Andrew Tong is the Senior Vice President of Investments at Concert Properties and is responsible for leading the planning and performance of Concert’s real estate income portfolio across Canada. Andrew is also Managing Director of Concert’s CREC Commercial Fund LP, which he played a key role in creating in 2016. This open-ended fund includes over 70 office and industrial properties valued at $1.8 billion.
In 2019, Andrew celebrated his 25th anniversary with Concert Properties and has been a key part of the company’s tremendous growth and success. In this episode, Andrew shares how his journey with Concert began and also discusses the following:
- Early influences.
- How Andrew’s career has evolved over the years.
- Ways in which Andrew has invested in himself to ensure success in each new role.
- Lessons for anyone making the transition to management.
- How real estate financing works from a developer’s perspective. What are the types of mortgages and which organizations provide them, who you need on your team and how to ensure a successful lending experience. (Click to view blog)
- Most difficult professional experience.
- Proudest accomplishments.
- Areas of Andrew’s role that are the most rewarding.
- Using his experience, network and passion to make a difference in the community.
- Advice for anyone starting out in the industry.
- Passions outside of work that you might not know about.
- Quick fire questions including Andrew’s favourite Vancouver restaurant!