Andy Jassy's Legacy at AWS
As Amazon transitions to a new CEO, we look back at Andy Jassy's leadership at AWS from 2006 to 2021.
SHOW SPONSOR LINKS:
- Datadog Security Monitoring Homepage - Modern Monitoring and Analytics
- Try Datadog yourself by starting a free, 14-day trial today. Listeners of this podcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt.
HOW AWS SHAPED AND RESHAPED CLOUD COMPUTING (Andy's Influence)
- Brought on-demand computing to IT infrastructure (and beyond)
- Established that AWS was "the cloud"
- Brought the Amazon psychology of "low-cost" to IT
- Focused on "price reductions" and the new economics of cloud (vs. IT)
- Focused on highlighting big name customers early (e.g. Netflix)
- Refused to acknowledge competitors (in the early years)
- Used data to see customer-usage patterns, to inform the next services.
- Announced new capabilities all the time, not big releases.
- And many more....
WHAT COMES NEXT FOR AWS?
- Who takes over at the leader of AWS?
- How does AWS manage slowing growth rates?
- Taking over from a legend is never easy? What personality does the next leader bring?
- Does Hybrid Cloud change how they go-to-market? How they partner?
- Email: show at thecloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store