DiscoverThe Angles of Lattitude Podcast: Learn from the Successes of the Creatively Self EmployedAntonio Smith Jr – The Making of the Mentor: Escaping Poverty & Building Others Up (AoL 134)
Antonio Smith Jr – The Making of the Mentor: Escaping Poverty & Building Others Up (AoL 134)
When someone hits rock bottom, they usually have a choice to make. One, they can blame everyone but themselves for what has happened to them. Many times this prevents people from moving on from where they're at.
They can then choose to make the other choice. They can realize that they're actually the one in control of where they're at and make it their mission to get out of that situation and never come back.
The term "rock bottom" is a relative term. Rock bottom for one person can be quite different than rock bottom for someone else.
For some people, a simple habit change can be enough to help them get out of their situation. But on the other hand, the person might need a complete mindset overhaul.
For today's guest, he was more of the latter. After being homeless through the ages of 6 to 16, he thought his only way to get ahead was to excel at football. When an injury killed his chances to get a scholarship, he felt stuck. Luckily, a mentor stepped up and taught him that he had a gift of communication.
Ever since then, he's been on a mission to develop this gift. Doing so has given him opportunities he might not have ever considered as an athlete.
Join Harrison and I as we talk with Rev. Antonio Smith Jr. about this transition and how others can make a positive impact in their community!
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
* Why does Antonio still feel like an immigrant to the America even though he was born in the US? 10:34
* How did he find his first mentor growing up and what are his thoughts on mentorship through life? 12:42
* How does Antonio reach out and help those who are living lives of quiet desperation? 26:35
* Is there a secret in finding opportunities to work with celebrities like Antonio has? 32:21
* Is it possible to balance Christian values with business values? 37:29
* How does he emotionally deal with it when he knows that only a fraction of the people who listen to him actually take his advice and act with it? 41:30
* What's Antonio looking forward to and excited for in the future? 46:36
* Who are his Favorite Top 3 Influencers? 54:28
* Who would he have dinner with, living or dead? 54:38
* What is a habit or belief that has improved his life in the last 5 years? 54:47
* What's a gift he likes giving others? 55:02
* What's something he wants to do that no one knows about? 55:14
* How can someone make a difference in their community? 55:33
Right click here and save-as to download this episode to your computer.
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
* Antonio Online: Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
* Cohost: Harrison Painter
* Session Sponsor: <a
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store