Are You Living In Yesterday?
Has God set you up to do what He wants you to do? The disciples didn't know what they were doing but they knew that everything that they had believed just fell apart. All their hopes and dreams. They were devastated. They approached the Lord wanting to receive His promise.
• A mighty rushing wind in Acts 2 filled the people. What was important to those 120 people in that upper room, Jesus was gone. Everything they knew was gone. What do they do now?
• On the Day of Pentecost believers were wanting to receive. They wanted the Holy Spirit and the gifts.
• The scriptures gives us a foundation. Hebrews 3 and 4 says, “Today if you hear my voice don’t harden your heart.” When we are empty then we have an opportunity to hear and receive from the Lord.
• God wants to change us. Christ laid down his life and that’s how we change. We lay down our lives. It is our choice.
The Day of Pentecost - Peter's Sermon.
But there are also many other things which Jesus did, which, if they were written in detail, I expect that even the world itself would not contain the books that would be written.
Hebrews 3:8, 4:7b
Today if you hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts as when they provoked Me.
• We get up each morning, tie into what God is doing, believing that before that day ends it is going to be added to us as a new creature.
• God is moving forward. He does not stay in yesterday.
The promises prior to the cross began on the Day of Pentecost and just blossomed. They took what Christ started and began teaching that He is coming back.