Aurora Rising by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman
Join our host Gabi, with guest speaker Sarah in the sixth episode of Chat YA Up! where we read young adult books and then review them for you!
For more information, follow us on Instagram & Facebook and don't forget to check out Library at Home!
Our sixth episode is Aurora Rising by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman
The year is 2380, and the graduating cadets of Aurora Academy are being assigned their first missions. Star pupil Tyler Jones is ready to recruit the squad of his dreams, but his own boneheaded heroism sees him stuck with the dregs nobody else in the Academy would touch . . .
A cocky diplomat with a black belt in sarcasm
A sociopath scientist with a fondness for shooting her bunkmates
A smart-ass techwiz with the galaxy's biggest chip on his shoulder
An alien warrior with anger management issues
A tomboy pilot who's totally not into him, in case you were wondering
And Ty's squad isn't even his biggest problem--that'd be Aurora Jie-Lin O'Malley, the girl he's just rescued from interdimensional space. Trapped in cryo-sleep for two centuries, Auri is a girl out of time and out of her depth. But she could be the catalyst that starts a war millions of years in the making, and Tyler's squad of losers, discipline-cases and misfits might just be the last hope for the entire galaxy.
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (25-11-2020)
- Lenny's Book of Everything by Karen Foxlee (9-12-2020)
- After the Lights Go Out by Lili Wilkinson (23-12-2020)
- Sabriel by Garth Nix (6-1-2021)
- Small Spaces by Sarah Epstein (20-1-2021)
- Aurora Rising by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman (3-2-2021)
- Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas (17-2-2021)
- What I Like About Me by Jenna Guillame - This episode will include an interview with the author. (3-3-2021)
- Gap Year in Ghost Town by Michael Pryor (17-3-2021)
- Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman (31-3-2021)
- A Good Girl's Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson (14-4-2021)
- Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas (28-4-2021)