Autistic music therapist and singer Swara Swami
As a young autistic girl, Swara Swami could sing before she could speak. Now Swara is a music therapist and singer who advocates for mental health and autism awareness on her social media.
Swara has her Bachelors in Music Therapy from Berklee College of Music and is currently doing her Masters in Expressive Arts Therapy specializing in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at Lesley University. She has worked with several well-known Indian musical artists as part of the Berklee Indian Ensemble, where she also performed on a Grammy-nominated album.
During this episode, you will hear Swara talk about:
- What it was like growing up as an autistic girl in India
- How neurodivergence is viewed in India
- What inspired her to become a music therapist, and the challenges she has faced working in the music therapy field
- Her experience as a student who has studied and lived in several different countries
- Her singing experience, including her performance on a Grammy-nominated album
- Why she advocates for autism and mental health awareness
Support this podcast at BuyMeACoffee.com/Beyond6Seconds and get a shout-out on a future episode!
*Disclaimer: The views, guidance, opinions, and thoughts expressed in Beyond 6 Seconds episodes are solely mine and/or those of my guests, and do not necessarily represent those of my employer or other organizations.*