AzureStack for Hybrid Cloud
Carmen Crincoli (@carmencrincoli, Sr. ProgMgr @Microsoft) + Todd Christ (@toadster, Ent. Solutions Architect, @IntelBusiness) talk about the evolution of AzureStack, how HCI is being extended as a cloud service, and how COVID is creating new use-cases for on-premises and public cloud.
SHOW SPONSOR LINKS:
- Datadog Security Monitoring Homepage - Modern Monitoring and Analytics
- Try Datadog yourself by starting a free, 14-day trial today. Listeners of this podcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt.
- CloudAcademy - Build hands-on technical skills. Get measurable results.
- Get 50% of the monthly price of CloudAcademy by using code CLOUDCAST
- Okta - You should not be building your own Auth
- Learn how Okta helped Cengage improve student success rates during COVID.
- AzureStack Homepage
- AzureStack HCI Homepage
- Data Center Modernization Through Azure Stack HCI
- Intel Select Solutions for Azure Stack HCI
Topic 1 - Welcome to the show. Todd has been a guest before, but Carmen is new. Tell us a little bit about both of your backgrounds.
Topic 2 - Let start by talking about AzureStack, in a broader context. The “brand” has been in the market for quite a while, but it really went through an evolution about a year ago - different services add, different buying options, etc. Help understand the broader AzureStack story.
Topic 3 - When most people think of HCI, they think about Compute, Storage, and VMs - simplifying the complexity of those systems. Now the world is moving more to the cloud, but on-premises still remains. Let’s talk about the concept of HCI becoming an extended cloud service and how that’s evolving.
Topic 4 - VMs, Containers, Backup/Recovery, Auto-Updates are now all built-in to AzureStackHCI. Which group (or groups) is managing AzureStackHCI in a typical company?
Topic 5 - How important is it to support disconnected (from the cloud) AzureStack HCI instances? Can there be scenarios that are partially-disconnected?
Topic 6 - Are you seeing any new or unexpected use-cases because of COVID-19, or now that HCI can be viewed as an extension of the public cloud?
- Email: show at thecloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet