BC023: Talking Juice Distribution w/ Craftroads Beverage
BC023: Talking Juice Distribution w/Craftroads Beverage
Sponsors: Kopacetic Beer Factory
Matt and Dustin met up with Emma, Taylor, and Mike of Craftroads Beverage to learn more about the business, how beer distribution works, and sample a few of the beers they distribute throughout the state. If you want to play along at home, take a drink every time Mike says “juice.” Might we suggest you grab a session ale or some other low abv beverage as you follow along.
What we talked about:
* What Craftroads Beverage does for the Indiana craft beer community
* How Craftroads Beverage got its start
* Rochester Mills Brewing Milkshake Stout
* How out-of-state brewery relationships begin
* How social media has a major impact for breweries who use it vs those who don't
* Avery Brewing Out of Mind Coffee Stout
* How many breweries/meaderies/cideries Craftroads currently represents
* Emma’s reasoning for moving from brewery sales rep to distributor sales rep
* Rochester Mills Brewery Juice Bigelow Hop Gigolo
* Differences between selling out-of-state beers vs in-state beers
* What's the easiest brand to sell?
* Melvin Brewing Drunken Master Rotational Imperial IPA
* What's the process for deciding with beer, liquor, or grocery stores to work with
* What's the process of setting up a tasting with one of these stores
* Setting up the 12 Milkshake Stouts of Christmas events
* The Pioneer Series
* Avery Brewing Company Tweak
Check out our podcasting host, Pinecast. Start your own podcast for free, no credit card required, forever. If you decide to upgrade, use coupon code r-a28fff for 40% off for 4 months, and support Barrel Chat Podcast.