BRAIN HACKING FOR YOUR KIDS (AND FOR YOU TOO)!!! Stephanie Brillant
If you’ve ever wanted happier, more resilient CHILDREN, then do we have the BRAINIOUS show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Stephanie Brillant, French film-maker, mother of two, Senior Report and TV Host, and the creator of a fascinating new documentary, Brainious.
And that’s just what I want to talk with her about today, about how we help our kids grow their minds, and become healthier, happier, and more resilient.
Key Points Discussed:
- What was the biggest impact on Stephanie Brillant’s brain as a child?
- What’s wrong with trying to reason with a child?
- What do we do if a child is afraid of monsters – and what’s the one thing NOT to say!
- What is a social brain?
- What does it mean for mother and baby to be “entuned”?
- What’s the best predictor of how well children turn out?
- What’s secure attachment, and why is it so important?
- What are the 4 S’s of secure attachment?
- What’s the marshmallow test, and what can we learn about our kids brains (and ours) from it?
- What do we need to know about children and tantrums?
- What is body-based learning?
- What’s the importance of learning through action?
- What’s the perception action cycle?
- What’s a growth mindset vs. a fixed mindset?
- Is praising a child’s intelligence good for them?
- What is working memory and what’s its importance?
- How can gratitude and altruism help a child’s brain?
- What do we need to know about smart phones and kids?
- What’s the importance of mindfulness for kids?
- What’s the importance of the breath when it comes to kids?
- What’s a brain break or the importance of resting and not doing?
For free meditations, weekly tips, stories, and similar shows visit: www.InspireNationShow.com
To support the show and get even more great tools, tips, and behind-the-scenes access, visit: www.Patreon.com/InspireNation
And to follow Inspire Nation (and the lives of Michael and Jessica) on Instagram, go to www.instagram.com/inspirenationlive