BTC019: Bitcoin's Layer 2 Lightning Network w/ Ryan Gentry (Bitcoin Podcast)
In this episode, you'll learn:
- What is Bitcoin's second layer?
- Where does lightning labs fit into the second layer
- What is Lightning pool?
- How is liquidity managed on the second layer
- Why does a person have an incentive to run a node
- Why open channel with other nodes
- What are the nodes that will benefit the post from opening many channels
- What are the incentives for people to use lightning
- What will things like Sphinx chat enable in the future
BOOKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Follow Ryan Gentry on Twitter
- Follow Lightning Labs on Twitter
- The lightning labs website
- Sphinx Chat
- Run an umbrel full node
- Push your team to do their best work with Monday.com Work OS. Start your free two-week trial today
- Take your business to the next level by hiring the right people with ZipRecruiter
- join OurCrowd’s Investment in Shield—an AI-powered platform that helps global financial enterprises meet increasingly complex communications compliance rules Open your account today
- Find opportunities to help diversify your portfolio with investments in alternative asset classes with minimums starting at $1,000 with Yieldstreet
- Follow other investors, discover companies to believe in, invest with any amount of money with Public.com. You’ll even get a free slice of stock when you join
- Have everything you need to grow online with Squarespace. Use code WSB to save 10% off your first website or domain purchase
- Invest in blue-chip art from artists like Monet and Basquiat with Masterworks. Use promo code WSB to skip their 15,000 person waitlist
- Whether you’re a small office sending out invoices, an online seller shipping out orders, or even a giant warehouse sending thousands of packages a day, handle it all with ease with Stamps.com. Use the promo code WSB
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store