BTC149: Parallels to the Roman Empire w/ Dr. Peter St. Onge (Bitcoin Podcast)
Preston Pysh and Dr. Peter St. Onge cover some of the current macro events and themes while also talking about a few parallels to the previous global superpowers of the past, like the Roman Empire.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro
01:44 - Peter's overview of what's causing the inflation that happened after 2020.
20:39 - What's happening in China and does Peter buy into all the headlines that it's got economic problems?
33:59 - Peter's thoughts on Bitcoin and how it's going to be relevant moving forward.
39:08 - A broad overview of the cyclical nature of great empires and Rome in particular.
39:08 - The currency issues in Rome and what caused them to occur.
49:22 - What type of social issues were experienced during the great Roman debasement?
01:02:21 - Peter's thoughts on Gold vs Bitcoin.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Join the exclusive TIP Mastermind Community to engage in meaningful stock investing discussions with Stig, Clay, and the other community members.
- Peter's Youtube Channel.
- Peter's website.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our We Study Billionaires Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try our tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
- Learn how to better start, manage, and grow your business with the best business podcasts.
Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors: