Banking Litigation Podcast: Episode 30 – November/December 2021 (Christmas Special!)
In the CHRISTMAS SPECIAL edition of our monthly update podcast, we look at key recent judgments likely to be of interest to financial institutions. This episode is hosted by John Corrie, a partner in our banking litigation team, who is joined by Ceri Morgan and special guest Scott Warin.
You can find links to our blog posts on the cases covered in this podcast below:
- Supreme Court finds claim for compensation under data protection legislation cannot proceed on “opt-out basis” in high profile Lloyd v Google case
- High Court upholds contractual terms setting out basis of relationship in dismissing breach of duty claim relating to introduction to third party investment schemes
- High Court considers whether onerous term in standard terms incorporated by reference
- High Court considers implied terms and “failure of basis” in context of COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19 market disclosures and managing the associated litigation risks
Don't forget to subscribe to the banking litigation blog.
Speakers: John Corrie (Partner), Ceri Morgan (Professional Support Consultant), Scott Warin (Associate)