Banking Litigation Podcast Episode 20: Monthly Update - August 2020
In our monthly update podcast, we look at key recent judgments likely to be of interest to financial institutions. This episode is hosted by John Corrie, a partner in our banking litigation team, who is joined by Ceri Morgan and special guest Ajay Malhotra.
You can find links to our blog posts on the cases covered in this podcast below:
- Untangling, but not killing off, the Japanese knotweed: Supreme Court confirms existence and scope of “reflective loss” rule
- High Court requires claimant investors to disclose their investment history to show their level of sophistication and appetite for risk
- High Court finds no duty of care owed for late execution of orders due to unforeseen market turbulence
- Default judgment set aside where claim served at closed offices during COVID-19 lockdown
- Part 36 offer to accept 0.3% less than total amount claimed constituted genuine offer to settle