Banking Litigation Podcast Episode 24: Monthly Update - January/February 2021
In our monthly update podcast, we look at key recent judgments likely to be of interest to financial institutions. This episode is hosted by John Corrie, a partner in our banking litigation team, who is joined by Ceri Morgan and special guest Harriet Tolkien.
You can find links to our blog posts on the cases covered in this podcast below:
- High Court considers First Tower judgment in the context of no-advice clauses and confirms UCTA does not apply
- High Court confirms current scope of Quincecare duty is limited to protecting corporate customers and does not extend to individuals
- High Court provides further insights on the risks of Quincecare claims against banks
- Supreme Court judgment in the KBR v SFO appeal – limits to extraterritorial impact of the SFO’s document compulsion powers
- Court of Appeal clarifies that cross-undertakings should rarely be required as a condition of security for costs
- Witness evidence reforms: final versions now published and will apply from 6 April
- Brexit: key practical implications for disputes and dispute resolution clauses
Don't forget to subscribe to the banking litigation blog.