Banking Litigation Podcast Episode 27: Monthly update - May/June 2021
In our monthly update podcast, we look at key recent judgments likely to be of interest to financial institutions. This episode is hosted by John Corrie, a partner in our banking litigation team, who is joined by Ceri Morgan and special guest Annabel Davis.
You can find links to our blog posts on the cases covered in this podcast below:
- Court of Appeal confirms that the Quincecare duty does not extend to protect creditors
- Banking Litigation Podcast Episode 25: Special Edition– The Quincecare Duty of Care
- High Court considers Quincecare and dishonest assistance claims against bank in context of Ponzi scheme
- High Court strikes out time-barred claims holding that banks did not deliberately conceal facts so as to extend the limitation period
- High Court considers doctrine of frustration in Covid context and confirms there is no such thing as “temporary frustration”
- Parent companies’ documents found to be in subsidiaries’ control for disclosure purposes
- High Court considers scope of jurisdiction and meaning of records under Bankers’ Book Evidence Act 1879
- Duty of Care – countdown to the much anticipated FCA consultation
Don't forget to subscribe to the banking litigation blog.