Basics of Investing
We understand how you might be feeling right now - that you don't know enough about investing and the markets to get started. Let us comfort you by saying it is ok to feel like this. Investing is a life-long journey, and you will continue to learn more and more as you go.
At this point you know why we're investing and hopefully have picked up some good savings habits. So, in this episode we get into the heart of investing and start unpacking all the basics
In this episode you will learn:
- What is the sharemarket? • How does a company come to be listed on the sharemarket?
- The major market in Australia and how it operates
- What are you actually buying (i.e. what is a stock?)
- What does it mean when you own a share?
- The different styles of investing
- The investing style that Bryce and Alec use in their personal investing
- How to know what investing style is right for you
- The difference between passive and active investing Stocks & resources discussed:
- A2 Milk (ASX: A2M)
- Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BKB.B)
Head to the Get Started Investing website for more info.
Want more? Subscribe to Equity Mates Investing Podcast, social media channels, Thought Starters mailing list and more here
Equity Mates is a part of the Diamantina Media Network - the home of Australia's favourite podcasts. For more information, click here