Being a "Weed Mom" is a Good Thing! with Beryl Solomon
Today’s guest, Beryl Solomon, also known as Weed Mom, is the creator of Poplar, an e-commerce site that sells the best in legal cannabis. She tells us a bit about her personal journey with cannabis and why she is such a big proponent of it, how she made the move to develop a balance between Prozac and cannabis, and her thoughts on postpartum depression and treatment options. Beryl lets us in on her personal health and wellness routine, which includes hemp dried CBD and a microdose of psychotropic THC, and reveals how the benefits she enjoyed by integrating cannabis products into her life made her see the business opportunity. She predicts a future where you’ll be able to step into a dispensary and find a product for every part of your day. We touch on the stigma around cannabis and Beryl talks about the body’s endocannabinoid system, which is built to absorb the cannabis plant, before outlining the three main problems that cannabis assists with: sleep, pain, and stress. Next, we chat about how cannabis can create balance in the body and Beryl tells us about the thirty brands stocked on her website. Touching on the fear of developing an addiction to cannabis, Beryl tells us that you can get addicted to anything, and that communication and honesty around usage are key. Lastly, she tells us how consuming cannabis has enriched her parenting experience, and leaves us with this thought: there are precautions you need to take as a parent, just as there are around alcohol. We hope you join us for today’s eye-opening episode!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Beryl’s personal journey with cannabis and why she is such a big proponent of it.
- Her experience using pharmaceuticals for anxiety, and how she discovered natural solutions.
- Why she believes there is a place for both pharmaceuticals and natural remedies.
- How she made the move to develop a balance between Prozac and cannabis.
- Cannabis is made up of more than 130 cannabinoids, including CBD and CBN.
- How research shows that the best CBD has a tiny amount of THC in it.
- Beryl’s hope that the stigma around cannabis usage will diminish over time.
- How the body’s endocannabinoid system is built to absorb the cannabis plant.
- Accessibility to cannabis in New York and the role of PrestoDoctor in creating prescriptions.
- The three problems that cannabis assists with: pain, stress, and sleep.
- The role of cannabis in creating balance in the body.
- The online store’s 30 brands, which are predominantly female-owned small businesses.
- How you can use CBD to bring your high to an end.
- The addictive component of cannabis: you can be addicted to anything!
- The importance of moderation, communication, and honesty in everything you do.
- How cannabis has impacted her relationship with her husband: a shared interest, in the bedroom, and from a fun perspective.
- How consuming cannabis can enrich your parenting experience through presence and anxiety management.
- The reality of there being things you need to do as a parent who consumes cannabis.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Support the show (https://paypal.me/momslowdown)