Best of Season 1: Episode 5 - Open Source Leadership with Monique Minnick
Monique Minnick is a retired U.S. Air Force Colonel with a background in human resources, transformation, education, training and development. As she embraces her need to serve by being active within the non-profit community her natural tendencies to lead focus on relationships and connections. Monique is an information collector and believes that Leaders are Learners. Monique’s purpose, supporting the betterment of other people, is highlighted here in her varied and interesting life. She is a constant learner, and what she learns, she immediately shares.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Asking good questions
- The betterment of other people
- Relationships & connecting
- Intersection of preparation and opportunity
- Leaders are learners
- Establish two key habits
- Planning while leaving room for flex and flow
- Self Care
- How to get started working with nonprofits
- Be willing to serve first
- Use your skill set to help them improve
- Spend time doing the things that match your personal beliefs
- Be willing to say ‘yes’
- Remember that time is more important than the dollar
Resources mentioned in this episode:
21 Laws of Leadership John C Maxwell.
Want to get more involved?
Are you interested in your own DISC assessment or certification in speaking, training or coaching? Get more information on at: Andrea Johnson - The John Maxwell Team
Email me at email@example.com and let me know how I can be your professional encourager!
Noom: A Mindful Way to Eat
Learn how to intentionally challenge your mindset in order to take control of your health.
Skillshare: Spark your creativity.
Get 40% Off Annual Membership
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/AndreaJohnson)