Best of Season 1: Episode 6 - The Importance of Being Present
In today’s episode we look at what it means to Be Present - an important tenet of Intentional Optimism, an extremely relevant and timely topic.
Intentional Optimism - a refresher
- Optimistic - hopeful, positive, proactive
- Present - having a sense of wonder, generous, kind/open
- Courageous - lead, adventure, resilient
- Energetic - industrious, energetic and life-focused
- Wise - understanding, words, respect
- Intentional - sense of purpose, plan, grow
Topics discussed in this episode:
What does it mean to be PRESENT?
- Cultivating a sense of Wonder
- Celebrate Beauty in all things and people
- See things fresh and new
- Decide to get Curious
- Learn how to be Generous
- With your Time, learn to be open to interruptions
- Nurturing relationships
- Share your Expertise! Link arms and reach out.
- Be Kind & Open
- Feeling all the feels! Emotions are our barometer.
- Don’t prejudge others' motivation.
- Be open to sharing with those in need. Embrace an abundance mindset
- HABITS we practice and ACTIONS we take
- Decide to look for wonder - in people, places & things
- Hold things, like time, money and resources loosely
- Determine to remind yourself that we are all made in the image of our creator
- Learn to manage your feelings to help yourself think new thoughts
- Where do you need to become more PRESENT
- Have you become cynical?
- Do you need to cultivate curiosity and wonder
- Be more open to sharing more time
- Foster a broader sense of openness for others
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Prov. 31:10-31
- Franklin Planners
- Blog post “Why it’s taken me so long to “be present” and how you can do it TODAY”
- Atomic Habits: An Easy and Proven Way to Build Good Habits and Break Bad Ones, James Clear
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, Stephen R. Covey
- High Performance Habits: How Extraordinary People Become That Way, Brendon Burchard
If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you’ll see my daily posts from She Reads Truth. This is one of my Spiritual Disciplines - reading the Bible every day.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know how I can be your professional encourager!
Want to get more involved?
Join the Intentional Optimists Facebook Group
Follow on Instagram
Noom: A Mindful Way to Eat
Learn how to intentionally challenge your mindset in order to take control of your health.
Skillshare: Spark your creativity.
Get 40% Off Annual Membership
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/AndreaJohnson)