Better Sex Ed with Heather Corinna
How much sex education did you get in school? Was it (how can we say this politely) at all useful? Sex educator and writer Heather Corinna talks about founding the popular website Scarleteen and their books on sex and relationships for pre-teens, teens and young adults. Storyteller Archy Arch J tells a tale of high school sexual experimentation with (gasp!) his girlfriend. And Karen’s Sermon on the Pubic Mound about making more room for pleasure in everyday life.
- Karen interviews Heather Corinna, author and founder of Scarleteen, the online resource for inclusive, comprehensive, supportive info on sexuality and relationships for teens and young adults. Recorded live at our March 2019 show. Plus Q&A on sex-positive parenting from the live audience, answered by Heather and kinkster and Dom Peter (aka MksThingsHappin)
- Storyteller Archy Arch J, recorded live in December 2019, tells a story of his first sexual encounter with his high school girlfriend, and how it helped him realize he was 100% gay
- Sermon on the Pubic Mound: Karen talks about interrupting the tendency to overwork and learning to find pleasure in the everyday. Recorded live in March 2019
This is the third episode in a three-part series on sex ed, parenting, and getting free of the sex lies we heard as kids. Catch up on part one, Sex Lies, and part two, The Sex-Positive Parent. Let us know what you thought!
- Heather Corinna
- March 2019 live show
- Walt Disney’s The Story of Menstruation (1946)
- Virtual OUTSpoken LGBTQ Storytelling
Join Wild & Sublime's Patreon membership program and get 15% off Jennifer Litner’s e-course for parents, "Building Ease Talking About the Birds and the Bees" until Oct 15, among other benefits! Join the club.
Purchase "S.E.X.: The All-You-Need-To-Know Sexuality Guide to Get You Through Your Teens and Twenties" and "Wait, What?: A Comic Book Guide to Relationships, Bodies, and Growing Up" by Heather Corinna through our affiliate Bookshop link. Help independent bookstores and Wild & Sublime! Buy them here.
Got a hot topic in mind? Pitch us an article!
Find us online:
Wild & Sublime
What’s true in sex is true in podcasting: feedback makes us better.
Rate and review the show on your podcast app!
Überlube makes sex better for everyone by reducing friction, not sensation!
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/wildandsublime)