Big Girl Pants: Preparing for My First Conference Speech
Have you thought about your biggest career challenge? How did you prepare for it? What did you learn from it? Or is your biggest career challenge coming up that you’re looking for help on?
I just faced this exact situation and I want to talk about the difficulties faced prepping for my first conference speech.
So in this show and as we make the transition into more of an entrepreneurial lifestyle podcast, I wanted to talk about the difficulties, the highs, and the lows, of preparing for my first speech at a big conference, Freightwaves Transparency19:
- Handling a big career challenge on top of your regular workload
- Why it’s important to challenge yourself even if it terrifies you
- Make no mistake public speaking fucking terrifies me.
- One thing I did throughout this entire process was to take notes. Not just about the product, bugs, feature improvements, but what I was feeling. What I was thinking.
- Things like “fuck these marketing dashboards”, why did i wait so long to start this project? I shoulda started this months ago. Can I really do this? Why does anyone want to hear from me?
- That internal dialogue you have with yourself that can sometimes be your biggest fan or your biggest enemy
Blythe is a former EIC and sports broadcaster turned business owner creating custom web solutions and growth marketing tactics to clients at Brumleve Brands. When she’s not managing the business side of things, she’s shining a light on the entrepreneur world with the tools + insight into how she turned a part-time blog into a full-time career.
Amazon stuff I’m obsessed with (and actually own)
Camera: Logitech HD Pro Webcam
Desktop Mic: Blue Yeti
Mobile Mic: Omnidirectional Easy Clip On
Headphones: Sony Noise Canceling Headphones
Lighting: Neewer 18in Divi Ring Light
Camera Tripod: Selfie Stick with Remote and Stand
360 Camera: Insta360 One X
Amazon Gear I Own: Tech, Cosplay, clothes, skincare and more
My Project Management Bible: Monday.com
YouTube Marketing Help: TubeBuddy
CRM for Sales/Client Relationships: Hubspot
Bookkeeping and Accounting: Bench
Though these are affiliate links, these are all products I have used for my business,&