Bitcoin and the Future of Decentralized Finance
Meltem Demirors, Chief Strategy Officer at CoinShares, joins Azeem Azhar to explore the potential and politics of cryptocurrencies: from the ideological origins of Bitcoin to the new wave of decentralized financial products that could disrupt traditional finance.
They also discuss:
- Why the values of the Cypherpunk community are enshrined in Bitcoin’s design.
- How the Decentralized Finance movement is re-imagining existing products on blockchain networks.
- If Bitcoin will ever break out of its niche to become a widely used currency.
- “Is the financial establishment coming round to bitcoin?” (The Economist, 2021)
- “Get ready for self-driving banks” (Financial Times, 2021)
- “The Redecentralized Web” (Exponential View podcast, 2020)
- “Politics, Power & Protocols” (Meltem Demirors, CoinShares 2019)