Bless Yourself By Blessing Others with Barbara Williford
Barbara Williford lives in DeBerry, TX, and sells custom cakes and cookies, and other baked goods with her cottage food business, Royalty Sweet Shoppe.
Barbara’s business journey started quite by accident in 2010 when she and her daughter took a cake decorating class together, and they immediately got hooked.
As they made more cakes and improved their skills, they started taking orders and building the business together. Barbara’s daughter helped with the bakery through high school and through college, and eventually, it grew to the point where Barbara was basically working two full-time jobs. So she finally left her teaching career to pursue the bakery full-time.
In this episode, you’ll hear how Barbara’s focus on supporting her family, networking with others, and giving back to her community led her to create a business she truly loves.
What You’ll Learn
- How Barbara legally sells her items in two different states
- The latest baking trends that you should be aware of
- What to consider when pricing your products
- Whether you should charge for wedding cake sampling and consultations
- The secret to effectively networking at shows and vendor events
- The mindset you need to create strong connections that lead to referrals
- Where to find ideal partnerships to promote your business and attract new customers
A lot of entrepreneurs still think they need to spend money to get a good website, and that is simply not true anymore.
Get full show notes and transcript here: https://forrager.com/podcast/89