Body Acceptance & Food Freedom - Sam Abbott (Registered Dietitian)
CW/TW: mass shooting
In this episode, I talk to Sam Abbott, a registered dietitian who specializes in working with clients who struggle with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). Sam is passionate about helping individuals take a non-diet approach to nutrition and improving their symptoms without hating their bodies.
Sam shares about her own mental health journey and traumas she has endured, including losing her father at a young age, divorce, and witnessing the 2007 shooting at Virginia Tech.
In a nutshell, we chat about...
- Sam’s clinical and personal perspective of PCOS.
- The body image struggles that even eating disorder professionals can go through.
- Taking a weight-inclusive approach to nutrition and health.
- How Sam addressed the trauma she has suffered.
- When to know that it's time to check back in with someone -- therapy as an adult.
- Her take on ‘What I Eat in a Day' posts on Instagram
- What encourages Sam to do what she is doing for her clients
and so much more…!
Find Sam Abbott on Instagram, PCOS.Nutritionist
Website: Sun Counseling and Wellness