Bonus Episode: Securing the Future of Belonging with Vanessa Mason
This week we have a special bonus episode in partnership with the Leadership Council for Non-Profits in preparation for their conference on March 4th, 2021. Mike gives a glimpse of what leaders can expect as he talks to their keynote speaker, Vanessa Mason, Research Director for Institute for the Future.
Mike and Vanessa dive into the subject of belonging, and how it affects our wellbeing and productivity at work. Vanessa shares 3 key forces that are influencing belonging in our society. (2:58 )
Vanessa shares her method to create optimistic change and find opportunities to create more belonging, especially in a remote atmosphere. (9:03 )
Listen NOW as Vanessa shares her story about her interactive newsletter, Future of Belonging, and the work her community is doing to:
- Change historical workplace norms that don’t work;
- Identify opportunities for belonging;
- Improve equity in all aspects of work. (13:45 )
Mike and Vanessa call listeners to action to:
- Recognize that your organization can change quickly;
- Commit to making your workplace a place of belonging;
- Identify opportunities to enhance wellbeing at work;
- Document and report the impact on productivity. (25:56 )
You can attend the conference of the Leadership Council for Non-Profits and hear Vanessa’s keynote address on March 4, 2021. Click here for more information.