Bonus - Lauren Ash on The Power of Sisterhood, Setting Intentions + Preventative Self-Care at Propel CoLabs Fitness Festival
Today’s special, Friday treat is from our summer series at Propel CoLabs Fitness Festival! Joining us for this live recording is Lauren Ash, the founder and executive director of the culture shifting, lifestyle brand, Black Girl in Om. As a yoga and meditation guide, Lauren has made an incredible impact in the wellness space with creating diversity and intentional sisterhood with other women of color.
In our conversation, Lauren shares how she found yoga and was called to create the global community of Black Girl in Om. We dive into the power of rejuvenation and rest, and the importance of giving to yourself so you can give to others. Lauren also paints for us the vulnerable picture of the work she’s done to feel deserving of unconditional love and support.
We also talk about:
- The lack of diversity in mainstream wellness
- Creating allyship for change
- Awareness of self for preventative self-care
- Learning to receive
- Becoming clear on your values to attract more of that to you
- What Lauren’s looking forward to in 2020
- Owning and honoring your emotions
Find more to love at almost30podcast.com!
- Instagram: @blackgirlinom
- September 18th: Nashville with Julie Solomon
- September 19th: Nashville with Dr. Josh Axe
- October 3rd: NYC with Nikki Glaser
- October 4th: NYC with Erin Claire Jones
Almost 30 is edited by Crate Media