Boundaries vs. Censorship
**ANNOUNCEMENT: We are doing a virtual event!!**
"The Art of Dropping Your Defenses: Reframing Your Relationship With Your Armor"
Saturday, October 2, from 1:11 to 4pm CST
$35. Register at truenorth11.com/the-art-of-dropping-your-defenses
'Nother announcement: Ryan's audio is still bad. Boo.
Question from a Tribe member: "Perhaps censorship is when you feel forced to censor you speech/actions from an external source (like someone else is shutting you down) and a boundary is when you choose for yourself not to engage?"
Censorship is controlling what others are allowed to put out.
Setting boundaries is managing what you allow yourself to take in.
Boundaries aren't a control mechanism because people always have the option to ignore them. No one is being robbed of their autonomy.
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" -Eleanor Roosevelt
- Ryan is grateful for our newest tribe member, whose timing represents a fresh start in his mind.
- Abby is grateful for the people in her life who are willing to tell her how they feel, even if they anticipate she won't react in love and light.
1:11 - Question of the episode
6:56 - Boundaries in relationships
20:45 - Why boundaries aren't censorship
28:58 - When is it okay to censor people?
44:19 - Is it toxic or are you just offended?
- Register for our live event at truenorth11.com
- Join our tribe at patreon.com/truenorth11
- Get life coaching from Abby at IndigoCoaching.net
- Catch Ryan on TikTok at @the_holistic_mystic
- Watch us at TinyURL.com/TrueNorth11YouTube
- Email us at email@example.com