Brad Godbold- Director of S&C at NY University
🎧 Podcast episode #11
Brad is the Director of Strength and Conditions for all of NYU’s 22 sports teams.
His journey from being in the military to being a head collegiate strength coach was an interesting fast track compared to most peoples journey.
In this podcast we cover Brad’s journey along with:
- Mentorship and how important this is early in your career
- Programming during Quarantine
- Balancing Performance Programming based off of what every other strength and conditioning coach is doing.
- Communication between athletic training staff and performance staff is Key = Enterprise information System
- The many roles of a strength and conditioning coach and how it has changed over the past 5 years
- “Don’t try to be anyone but yourself”
- S&C focus and the role they play in recovery and injury prevention.
- Technologies being used by NYU and what new technologies are being looked at.
- Who is responsible for implementing new technologies and recovery devices like the firefly™
- Advice for anyone looking for a career in strength and conditioning. You can find Brad on his instagram:
You can follow NYU Strength and Conditioning: