Bradley Cumming I CPA In The Fast Lane
Richard Costello connects with Bradley Cumming.
Bradley is VP Investments with Freed Developments in Toronto and oversees an investment group, which is responsible for the company’s real estate acquisitions, dispositions, deal structuring, and capital raising. Over the last twelve months his team has raised several hundred million of both debt and equity for new acquisitions and structured partnerships with several large-scale real estate focused Canadian financial institutions.
Bradley is a CPA and has a Bachelor of Commerce from Dalhousie, and a Master’s of Finance degree from the Rotman School of business.
In this episode we’ll hear from Bradley on the following:
- Early influences and why the real estate industry.
- Biggest takeaways from three years in public accounting.
- What’s involved in becoming a CPA and how this foundation brings value today.
- How does one go from Senior Staff Accountant to VP Investments?
- Who are Freed Developments and what sets the group apart?
- Recent transactions of note.
- Navigating the Covid waters.
- Financing in today’s environment.
- What does it mean to be successful in the role of VP Investments.
- The important skill sets required to be successful.
- The importance of building solid relationships within the industry.
- Becoming a people manager and leader within the business.
- Plus – quick fire questions!