Brazil Nuts May Not be the Best Source of Selenium Unless You....
For a limited time get FREE access to Dr. Berg’s brand new “How to bulletproof your immune system” course.
Click here to get access now: drberg.com/gift
I wanted to create a short video about Brazil nuts and selenium. Are Brazil nuts a good source of selenium?
Benefits of selenium:
• Selenium is great for people with Hashimoto’s
• Selenium acts as an antioxidant
• Selenium helps you convert thyroid hormone T4 to the active form T3
Are Brazil nuts good? Well, the problem with Brazil nuts is that they have high amounts of phytic acid.
Phytic acid binds minerals and blocks:
How to consume Brazil nuts:
• If you want to consume Brazil nuts, you have to soak them in water overnight before eating them. This will help get rid of the phytic acid.
• You could also consume roasted Brazil nuts. But, the problem with roasting the nuts is that heat destroys some heat-sensitive vitamins and beneficial oils.
Dr. Eric Berg DC Bio:
Dr. Berg, 51 years of age is a chiropractor who specializes in weight loss through nutritional & natural methods. His private practice is located in Alexandria, Virginia. His clients include senior officials in the U.S. government & the Justice Department, ambassadors, medical doctors, high-level executives of prominent corporations, scientists, engineers, professors, and other clients from all walks of life. He is the author of The 7 Principles of Fat Burning.