Bringing Biodiversity Back into your Garden or Balcony- Collie Ennis
Collie Ennis is a fellow podcaster (check out The Critter Shed!), Science officer with the Herpetological Society of Ireland and a research associate at Trinity University Dublin. He's also a great laugh to have the chats with and a fountain of knowledge. We delve into all things critter related in this episode.
In particular we cover:
- How Collie came to work with critters.
- How important invertebrates are to biodiversity.
- Why invertebrates are struggling today.
- How climate change is affecting them.
- The hidden species of Ireland from newts to toads.
- How to easily turn your garden or balcony into a haven for invertebrates on rented or owned land.
- What happened at the Tallaght Wetlands.
- Advice as a community member on how to protect a local patch of land, vital to species, threatened by development.
- Working with neighbours to turn estate greens into bio-diverse areas.
- Growing food in a garden full of bugs.
You can follow Collie on Twitter or Instagram and don't forget to checkout The Critter Shed podcast (who are on Twitter and Facebook).
Let me know what you think of this episode and don't forget to rate, review and share!