Building A Quantum Computer with Light
“Quantum computing is to conventional computing what a warp drive is to a bicycle,” says Jeremy O’Brien, CEO of PsiQuantum. He joins Azeem Azhar to explore the exponential advantage quantum computing will bring to problems across science and industry, and how he’s using photonics to build the first productive quantum computer.
They also discuss:
- Why only quantum computers can help solve our most intractable problems.
- Why VCs are not rushing to fund this transformative technology.
- How existing silicon chip techniques can be adapted to build components for photonic quantum computing.
- “Quantum computing and quantum supremacy, explained” (Wired, 2020)
- “Quantum for quants – Wall Street’s latest shiny new thing” (The Economist, 2020)
- “The future is quantum: solution to the world’s critical problems” (Financial Times, 2017)