Building a Business and Life with Purpose with Alex Cearns
110 - It's fair to call it a major pivot: When Alex Cearns went full-time as a pet photographer in 2009, she left behind a career in counterterrorism. And although the work was more joyful, it still felt like baptism by fire to successfully manage a full calendar of clients.
These days, thankfully, up-and-coming pet photographers have far more people to turn to for advice—including Alex herself. Joining me from her home in Perth, Australia, Alex talks about her photography journey, her rescue-related projects, and the wisdom she's learned along the way.
What To Listen For:
- The business-consultant advice that Alex ignored altogether
- How she developed her studio shooting plan
- Why Alex ignores her competitors—but couldn't succeed without them
- The fascinating insight she gleaned from post-2009 global markets
- How to leverage your storytelling superpowers
- Why you don't want to volunteer for animal rescues (a brilliant bit of advice!)
Have you registered for the upcoming Hair of the Dog Summit, happening next week? Alex kicks off the summit, sharing her hard-earned wisdom on how to build your confidence, stay motivated and improve your resilience as a pet photographer. Join us on Nov. 2-4 for only $10!!!
Resources From This Episode:
- Houndstooth Studio
- Houndstooth Studio on Facebook
- Hair of the Dog Summit
- Hair of the Dog Academy
- Hair of the Dog Facebook group
- Hair of the Dog Elevate coaching program
Join our new and FREE COMMUNITY now!