Building digital nomad communities and relationships, the challenges with entrepreneurial focus while traveling, and what being a digital nomad means with Johannes Voelkner, the founder of Nomadbase, the largest, lasting nomadic community.
TUNE INTO LEARN:
- The beginnings of Johannes’ nomadic adventure - from reading Tim Ferriss’ 4-hour Work Week, to building a few online businesses, to travels from the Philippines all the way through South America;
- What personal challenge made Johannes start a business to help nomads around the world to connect and travel together;
- Digital nomad beginnings - we couldn’t find each other because we didn’t know the name, the word, who and what to look for;
- What does it actually mean to be a digital nomad? What’s the difference between nomads and expats? Seasonal travelers?
- How did the pandemic affect Johannes’ nomadic business and travels;
- From traveling connections to permanent nomadic bases and building deeper relationships living globally;
- The focus challenge: building a company - is it possible to travel a lot and still keep a strong focus, making progress on your entrepreneurial journey?
- Why daily routine is super crucial for the nomadic lifestyle, especially if you are building something business-wise in the process;
- “To have focus - it’s important to have a routine”;
- How to use local nomadic communities to “hack” your daily productivity in any new destination;
- Health, fitness and nutrition challenges Johannes went through and what he found works for him and his nomadic lifestyle;
- The power of personal rules in work, health and fitness to maintain and improve your “shape” in any area;
- Why Johannes loves OMAD - one meal a day at the moment;
- The power of focus on one thing and learning/doing many things at the same time - the benefits and downsides of both;
- The importance of keeping connections to your roots, and what it looks like in practice for nomads;
- Nomadic lifestyle might seem like a never-ending fairy tale but it’s also full of challenges, and the thoughts on “the grass is always greener on the other side”;
- And it’s all about… - well you’ll find out listening to the full episode so TUNE IN!!!
Johannes Voelkner, BIO:
Johannes Voelkner has been a digital nomad for 12 years. He is the founder of a few best known Digital Nomad projects, Nomad Cruise and Nomadbase.
Connect with Johannes and Nomadic Community for exciting adventures ahead!
Produced by Angela Shurina,
Schedule our call HERE.
CERTIFIED NUTRITIONIST, BRAIN PERFORMANCE COACH
Nutrition + Neuroscience + Behavior Change
I help you use nutrition and lifestyle protocols, biohacking and space design as tools to unlock your brain genius and unlimited energy level, off-the-chart!