Busting Common Diet and Nutrition Myths with April Ball from Foxy Over 40
Diet Myths, Let’s separate fact from fiction
Welcome to the Realistic Nutrition Podcast. That’s right, I said Realistic Nutrition Podcast, not Healthy Mama’s Podcast. I mentioned a few episodes back that I was considering going this route to be true to my beliefs and decided to jump.
We all know that I don’t believe in crazy fad diets, deprivations, or restrictions and neither does today’s guest.
Today I’m welcoming April Ball from Foxy over 40 to the podcast. She has a no-nonsense approach to nutrition and she does it in the most hilarious way over at foxyover40.
Some of the dieting myths we're covering:
- If you want to lose weight, you have to cut carbs.
- Carbs after dark.
- Take out is bad, fast food is bad.
- In order to lose weight, you have to eat clean.
- To kick start weight loss you need to detox.
- Is collagen worth it?
- Estrogen levels from soy.
- Muscle weighs more than fat.
- Fat makes you fat.
- White potatoes are unhealthy.
- You need supplements to lose weight/gain muscle
- In order to lose weight, you need to restrict your calories to a low intake like 1200.
- Cleanses/Juice cleanses.
- Dairy products are unhealthy.
- Spot training.
- Juice is healthy because it has fruit in it.
Free Fitness and Nutrition Guide: https://successful-experimenter-5122.ck.page/e3a9f00caf
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/soy/ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4270274/ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3074428/ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3074428/ https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/soy